Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sanctuary

Since I was in high school my favorite worship song has been Sanctuary. It is a simple and short yet beautiful song that is a true representation of what we should seek to be in our daily lives.

Dictionary.com defines sanctuary as : a sacred or holy place.

It goes:

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary
Pure and Holy tried and true
With thanksgiving
Ill be a living sanctuary for you.

With all of the craziness that is going on in our lives right now with the baby, house hunting, and Bethany's sports and school I feel like I am pulled in 17 directions at once. I had all these great intentions of having quiet time with the Lord in the mornings before the girls wake up, but the baby isn't sleeping all night yet, so I sleep until Bethany wakes up. And that quiet time turns into a few minutes of worship music on 90.5 (if you're in VA and you haven't listened to this station yet, check it out it's great) on the way to drop Bethany off at school. I have a few devotionals that I have started and not kept up with. I want to be that Mom that finds time for everything. I want to be that proverbs 31 woman, and to be a sanctuary for the Lord. I know that he is dwelling in me, and I should want to glorify that place, decorate it with beautiful things.

When I have my moments of frustration with the kids or my husband or finding the perfect home I forget that I am not mine, and in those moments his dwelling place is not beautiful.

So this morning I am having that special time with the Lord, and I am making a promise to myself and to Him that I will work harder on our relationship, because when I am working on and nurturing my walk with Him, my frustrations will not be my own, but His and He will take care of my worries and needs.

So Lord please prepare me to be a sanctuary. Pure and Holy. Tried and True. and With thanksgiving, Ill be a living sanctuary. For you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment