Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Madison's hospital stay: Day 2

Madison and I are enjoying a slow Sunday at Spotsy regional. She is doing so good!! And we cannot wait to go home tomorrow. She didn't want to sleep in the bassinet last night (and can you blame her? Those are for brand new babies, not big girls like her haha) So she got to cuddle with me all night. She slept great, you know like a baby....I on the other hand didn't get as much rest. Every move, twitch, and sound she would make woke me up. The doctors and nurses are so great here. They make sure we have everything we need, and are constantly checking on her. We have a good view of the woods from our 4th floor window.

Last night we had a visit from some sweet friends who brought me some Motrin because I started running a fever....all is well just a little sore throat. The doctor said I should be fine and that it was a good thing for me to keep breastfeeding because she is getting the antibodies she needs. Justin and Bethany came up and stayed for a few hours today, and Bethany is handling this really well. She understands that the baby isn't feeling well but that we will come home tomorrow, and it gets her some great one on one time with her daddy.

And in other news Madi has gained a pound and a half since birth, the doctor was pleased with that especially since she is a very dainty little girl!

Madison is deciding to take a nap now, so I will follow suit. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support, we appreciate it more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment