Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

for the first time in about 11 months...OUCH!

Before I found out I was expecting baby Madison, I was doing really good with working out. I would get up in the mornings before work (yes at 4:45!) and go to the gym. I would workout and be at work by 7 and then work until 6. When I came home I would even do an at home workout on fitness on demand before bed. I was getting into a really good routine, until I got pregnant. Then I was sooo tired and just didn't feel like working out, so I didn't. That was all well and good because after all I was carrying our little blessing, but now that she is here I really want to get back into my pre-wedding shape. I gained some weight like most newlyweds do, and now it is time for it to leave! So last week I started with my walk down the fitness trail, and then on Friday I went to an outdoor mommy and me stroller work out that totally kicked my butt! To the point that I had a hard time sitting down all weekend because my legs and butt hurt so bad. Monday I had every intention of going to another stroller work out, but on my way out the door I ended up chasing down the elderly neighbor's dog, and then Madison decided to nurse for about 30 min longer than usual...so I didn't make it. This morning it is raining cats and dogs so I went to the gym at the complex (which is really nice) and decided to run. I started out with a goal of 1 mile or 30 min which ever came first. When I passed a mile at 11 min I kept going and finished at 1.5 miles in 18 min. So I kept going until 25 Min and my legs felt a little like jelly. I love the elliptical because it is so low impact, and I don't feel coordinated enough for the treadmill.

Anyway I will keep yall updated on my progress and I hope to work out at least 3 times a week!

I want to wear a dress that I wore on my honeymoon to my friend Kristina's wedding in June not to mention I have an amazing pair of Paper Denim and Cloth jeans that I need to wear in TX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment