Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Poor Baby!

I am sitting here back at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center 7 weeks after I delivered my healthy baby girl, with her as the patient. My sweet baby had been very fussy all day Friday, and when I took her temperature around 4 o'clock yesterday it read 101 so I called the pediatrician who sent us to the ER. We spent 7 hours in the ER where they drew blood, urine, and even spinal fluid. I have never been so stressed and concerned and emotional. My sweet, tiny baby was sick, and there was nothing I could do to help her. Oh it was terrible!

Finally around 12am we were sent up to our hospital room. It is standard procedure to admit any baby under 2 months who has a fever. She had nothing else going on though...no cough or vomit or anything. She was still eating like she should and going potty the way she should too. So we settled in for a long night in the hospital. I thought for sure we would be home by this afternoon, but they are keeping her here until Monday. The doctor says he thinks it could be a UTI, but he isn't sure. She has not had a fever at all today and has still been in great spirits, although she has been exhausted from the long night in the ER. We were very fortunate to have friends take care of Bethany for us last night so that Justin could be here with us too. I was in a very fragile state last night, and needed Justin here with me and Madison. And we even had some other friends offer to take her for the night tonight, but Justin wanted to make sure Bethany wasn't crazy worried about her baby sister so they are having some good daddy daughter time tonight.

I know that the Lord has everything under control but there is such a feeling of terror when you see your tiny baby in pain. The test results have not come back from the lab, but the doctor does not seem concerned. She has been on broad spectrum antibiotics since last night, and they will continue them until we are discharged.

I cannot say enough nice things about this hospital. They have been amazing every time we have been here (this is our 4th trip....the other 3 were 2 monitoring visits while I was still pregnant and then when we had Madison) The staff here is exceptional, and they really care about their patients and their families.

I will post another update when we know more of what caused the fever, and when we get to go home. For now we would apprecitate any and all prayers as she is still on meds and we don't know what caused the fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment