Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fasting like Daniel

Back in October our dear friends embarked on their first Daniel fast. Their 18 year old son did it first, and experienced great spiritual growth and clarity. Upon his suggestion they did it, and after they did it once we were all intrigued. Our friends told us they are starting the fast for the 2nd time in January, and Justin and I are going to join them.

So, what is the Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a partial fast, which means that we will eliminate some common things from our daily diet, but will have generous options available. We will focus on eating fruits and vegetables that are pure and simple. (From the elevation church website)

Why?
While I am currently on a mission to a size 8, this has nothing to do with my health goals. I want to challenge myself to call on the Lord for his help when I am craving certain foods. I want to eat to live, and focus in on the Lord and his plan in my life.

How Long?
21 days.

What can you do to help us?
Pray for us. Encourage us as we go on our journey. And most of all please refrain from teasing us with your food.

I will be blogging about it a lot and will update you all on our progress through out the fast. Also to all of my vegetarian friends...how do I make tofu taste like something other than feet?

To learn more about the fast visit the website for Elevation Church. We will be using their guidelines.
http://danielfast.elevationchurch.org/DanielFast.pdf

5 comments:

  1. awesome! I've had a couple of friends do this fast and it was hard, but such a rewarding, trusting and growing experience in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you and will be praying for you both. We know you will grow spiritually and look forward to sharing this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck & will be praying for you. What an amazing example for your daughters to see! Awesome! And you are really looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!! I am excited for the challenge, and honestly I have my doubts of myself....But I know it will be a great thing and it is even better to have Justin and Rob & Ellen to share the experience with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fasting in any quantity is not easy, I will be praying for you!

    By the way, there is a diet that is very similar to this, it is called the acid-alkaline diet. Most people (including me) eat way too much acid. The diet requires eating 80% alkaline (fruits, veggies, etc) and only 20% acid foods (very healthy). Since it is similar you may be able to use some of the recipes from this site... http://acidalkalinediet.com/recipes//recipes.php

    I would tell you good luck, but you won't need it... you have faith and our prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete