Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

With my Nana and Mom at my bridal shower!

Being a Mommy is such a gift. I can say that with a deeper understanding of being a Mommy now than last year. I have been mothering Bethany, kissing boo boos, playing princess, wiping tears, and encouraging daily. I have been teaching and loving her since we met in 2006, and I can say that when she calls me Mom my heart swells with joy. The Lord brought us together as a family because we need one another. I need to be her Mom as much as she needs me and it really is a beautiful thing.

That being said, as I sit in bed with the baby sleeping on my chest I am filled with pride and happiness in each time she looks at me and smiles her toothless smile. Madison has given me the chance to fully experience motherhood and I am so happy the Lord blessed our family with her. She is such a character already, full of personality like we all knew she would be! She is a happy baby, and loves to snuggle. It is hard to explain how giving birth changed me. I am truly a Mommy and no one can take that away from me.

I love being a mom for my girls, I love watching Bethany play soccer and I love listening to her never ending stories that seem to be about nothing. And even when I am at my whits end, when she brings me a picture or note that says I LOVE MOM, I melt! I love all of the things B makes for me, which is why we have 2 large moving boxes full of her kindergarten work....what am I going to do with all of it?! I love Madison's little noises and watching her grow. I really don't mind the diapers and the late nights because she is only going to be this little for a short time. I love this season of life with the girls.

People may say that Mother's day is a Hallmark holiday but I think it is so important for everyone to reflect on how thankful they are for their Mom's and for Moms to reflect on how thankful they are for their children. My Mom is an amazing woman, and even though we can be like oil and water she is my stronghold. We talk at least 4 times a day, and I need those conversations. She is an amazing woman and I love her so much. Thank you mom for teaching me how to be not only a Mom but a Friend!! Also to my Nana, you are the most amazing person, and I am so lucky to have you in my life. These strong, beautiful women taught me everything I know about being a wife and mother. Thank you so much for the wonderful examples you set for me!

Here is a poem I found shortly after Madison was born, I think it is beautiful and wonderful and I LOVE IT!




Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton




No comments:

Post a Comment