Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

On the trail!

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day! Spring is a season that I am experiencing for the first time this year, in TX it seems we always go straight into summer from winter. It has been nice easing our way into warm days before we find smouldering hot days. The only thing I would change about this new found season is the pollen. Holy smokes that crap is everywhere!! My car has a perpetual film of yellow on it, and I cannot stop rubbing my eyes.

Since yesterday was so pretty I decided to take full advantage of some of the amenities we pay for at this absurdly overpriced apartment complex. I went outside with Madi and Derby and went for a long walk. We did the entire fitness trail (1 way = 2.5 miles) and then we walked from our building all the way to the back of the complex and around from the clubhouse. We walked for almost 2 hours! It was great! Madison took full advantage of her comfy seat in her stroller and slept the whole time, and Derby was a champ. He loved the walk, although he hasn't gotten out of bed yet this morning. :) It felt so good to get outside and get some sun & exercise. I was in a really good groove of working out in the mornings before work and I was doing soooo good until I got pregnant. Then the extreme tiredness took over and other than work and caring for the fam I didn't want to do anything! Now that I have my sweet baby with me and some free time on my hands I am so excited to start working out again! Technically I haven't been "cleared" by the doctor....but I feel great! I will continue to 'take it easy' until I get the go ahead at the Doctor in 2 weeks.

The fitness trail is amazing, it is through the woods behind our building and wraps all around the complex. You feel like you are on a hike and the trees are great. The really cool thing about VA is that there are so many trees, and BIG ones! You will be driving through town and then all of the sudden there are woods to your left or right. It's neat!

On the home buying front, I toured 2 homes this week....one of them was craptastic! I cannot believe people would show their house in that kind of condition and expect to sell it for $200,000+! The entire property smelled like cat pee!! GROSS! I have a couple other houses that I want to go look at this week, since they are short sales. Our lease isn't up here until September but we want to have a seamless (or as seamless as possible) transition. It's stressful and exciting to find a new house in a new area. There are just SO MANY things to think about, and the homes out here are very different from the houses in Texas! Everything feels kind of vanilla in the houses, so hopefully we can find one with personality and promise that we can be happy in for a few years.

Okay enough rambling, the baby just fell asleep and after a sleepless night I am going to follow her lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment