Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Too much for 1 blog

Can I just say that this week has been such an whirlwind! We closed on our new house Aug 31st...that is when chaos began. There is still not an end in immediate sight to said chaos, but I am making due. We decided to take the move slow, pack a few boxes and take them over in the jeep to be unpacked and organized. This went really well at first and then it just kind of exploded all over the upstairs family room. I am avoiding said explosion right now. During all of the chaos of moving our laptop decided to die, so I am finally getting to update my blog from the ancient desktop that has lived in Bethany's room for the last 2 years, I cannot believe this thing still works!

I am trying to reflect on all of the amazing things that have happened this week, and it really is too much to put into 1 post. So Ill give you the bullet points version.
  • Started the living the dream series in small groups at church- AMAZING! Started it with a women's lifegroup that I am apprenticing with on Monday nights and with the couples group we have been going to since January on Friday night. Fantastic series and I cannot wait to see the work the Lord is going to do through it!
  • Back to school night at Bethany's school Tuesday night, her teacher is AWESOME!
  • Dyed my hair brown with blonde highlights! LOVE it!
  • The guys from lifegroup are amazing and they helped us move furniture after group on Friday night until 2 am so we only had to pay for 1 day on the van rental (call us cheap, but hey I have a house to furnish and that extra 100 bucks will come in handy)
  • The house is old, it makes weird noises, I am not used to it yet.
  • Derby likes to dig, at the gate in the back yard. NOT COOL!
  • Saturday night football at the Ramsey's, Scott is insane and it is really funny to watch him watch Florida State football.
  • Sunday morning church! Pastor Daniel brought it big time with a challenging message on the way God is working on all of us in every season...even the dry seasons!
  • Served in Trek for 2nd service, a group of about 20 3-4 year olds with glue...scary but amazing and so much fun! Already excited for next week!
  • Too cold for coffee on the porch Sunday morning...but I will have my coffee on the porch this week! and yes I did say COLD! It seems fall has arrived in central VA!
  • And Comcast is terrible...no new news there
  • OH one of the coolest things! Justin is building a corner pantry for me! He started it this weekend (yes on top of the move, he truely is amazing) and it is looking so great! We picked a beautiful stain for the oak wood he is using and with the help of Scott's power tools it is coming together nicely!
  • Madison started eating baby food. She likes the squash and will eat the green beans but she isnt in love with them!
  • And 1 week from today my mom and nana will be here to visit! Cannot wait to see them and for them to see the girls! 3 months in between visits is too long.
Okay enough avoiding my chaos upstairs, the baby is napping and I should get some work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment