Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

She's got a brick house!

For the 8th time since leaving the comforts of my life on McCarty Lane, I will be moving again. This time is different....this time it is into our very own home! Justin and I closed on our house last night, and it was such an amazing feeling! I left home at 18 and moved into the dorms at Texas State, I bopped all around San Marcos until Justin bought the condo in 2007 and we lived there until we moved to VA. We made our big move to Virginia about 1 year ago...and I find myself packing to move one more time. We will not be moving after this for a long time!

In the few years the Lord has been blessing us beyond belief and in ways I never imagined. When Justin and I got married we had no idea we would be moving to VA, no idea he would have a government job, no idea we would be blessed with Madison, and here we are.

We knew we wanted to buy a home here because his job will keep us in the area for a long time, and a mortgage on a really super cool nice house is considerable cheaper than our rent in this 3 bedroom apartment. So after Madison was born the search began. I bet I searched 50 houses...and that was in person....no telling how many I looked at online. Our poor realtor has been put through the ringer, and he earned that commission for sure! 2 days after I came home from our visit to TX I toured a house. It didn't come up on the realtor's search because it wasn't on public water and sewer, but I found it online and HAD to see it. So I toured it while Justin was away on business. I walked in and I knew! It was that wedding dress feeling!! He looked at it online, and gave the approval, so we made an offer that day (or maybe the next day....it was either on my birthday or the day after...end of June) We made the offer, and they accepted it!

The Lord put so many people in our path who helped us get to this point, and it is amazing to see His hand in our home buying process. We didn't want a cookie cutter home or neighborhood, we wanted a big lot with a fenced in yard, with at least 4 bedrooms, and that didn't need a lot of work. Boy let me tell you, God had my checklist and he checked EVERY SINGLE BOX! This house hunt had so many ups and downs, and they all happened so the Lord could give us this home. We have room to fellowship with friends and family, we have room for the kids to grow and the dog to play. I am so in awe at His handy work in our lives! So next time yall are in the area stop for a cup of coffee!! It's the little brick house with black shutters! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Guys! When do you officially move all your stuff in and and get settled

    ReplyDelete