Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Creeped out!

After living in apartments and condos and dorms for the last 7.5 years I am used to the noises that come with it. People above you flushing, creaking floors above you, bass thumping from the stereos of those who live under you, etc. I lived my entire childhood on a big ranch, and silence should not creep me out. I guess after close to 10 years of apartment life I am no longer used to quiet. I went to the house this morning with a load of stuff, and was totally creeped out. It was so quiet! Every creak of the floor would creep me out! Ack! It was so frustrating because I know we are safe there, I know we locked the doors yesterday when we left. I should not be nervous. Anyway I turned on some worship music and tried to ignore my inner child who was freaked out. Madison probably though Mommy had lost her mind when I was blaring songs on my phone and singing really loud....needless to say she didn't take a nap there this morning. I guess my husband will get to tell me No More Law & Order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment