Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Give Up!!!

Not in the negative sense of the word....but in the amazing sense of the Word. During our prep for our couples' bible study the other night, we were discussing why we find it so hard to give up our anxieties to the Lord, and why we always tend to dump these worries, cares, dreams, etc on our spouse. The answer we came up with was because our spouse is right here, and can give you an immediate tangible response. Rather than when you simply take it to the Lord (as we are called to do) and if we have the faith we are supposed to we should be able to wait on the Lord's answer. It is the waiting on the Lord's answer that I have a hard time with. I am an in the moment type person. If we/I decide to do something and I am all in, I want to do it RIGHT NOW, and I sometimes forget that my timeline is not always the Lord's timeline!

The latest thing I have been struggling with giving up to the Lord is the house buying situation. I know the Lord has a plan for our family, and Justin and I are pretty sure that involves us buying a house here in VA. One of the main reasons we want to buy a home is because the mortgage will be considerably cheaper than our rent....the house we have an offer on is a newly remodeled 5 bedroom 2 bath brick home on .58 of an acre.....it will be about 200 dollars cheaper to pay a mortgage on this house than on our 3 bedroom 2 bath apartment we live in now. Crazy right?

The whole concept of a credit score has always made me angry...okay lets be honest if you went to college and paid for expenses you were broke. If you were like Justin and I you had way too many credit cards and didn't always make the credit card payments top priority. When I graduated from college we lived in a 2 bedroom, 900 square foot condo that Justin bought in 2007. We had enough money from my salary at enterprise and his GI bill to cover the mortgage, electric bill, Bethany's daycare, and not much else. So long story short our credit score was less than stellar when we moved to VA. Thanks to Dave Ramsey's plan we were able to pay off all of our credit cards and debts, except for student loans and the car note. We have rebuilt our credit scores and should be good to go. But not so fast.....even with his salary and our new credit scores and the VA loan program we are still having to stress about getting approval for our mortgage! So frustrating! Please say a little prayer for me as I need all the help I can get in giving up this situation to the Man Upstairs!

So I Give Up! If we are supposed to get this house we will, end of story. Thank you Jesus for all the blessings you have given us, and continue to bless us with each day!

1 comment:

  1. I will you give you the same advice that was given to me and my boyfriend when we were in the process of buying a house. It's stressful, you and your significant other will fight, and things may seem impossible. But, once you find the right place, things will work themselves out eventually (not necessarily the way you want). When all the paperwork is done, you will be happy and love your house.

    We started looking for our house in August 2010 and didn't find one until November. Since it was a forclosure, we didn't get to sign our paperwork until January.

    We put in offers for two houses throughout this whole time and it seemed like we wouldn't be able to find a decent home in our price range. Not to mention that the realtor showed us one house and gave us paperwork for another. 12809 & 12908 were both for sale in the neighborhood (that was stressful after finding that out!)

    But when it was all said and done, we love our house. The stress was insane, but totally worth it.

    I wish you and your family the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete