Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 At home!

It seems like a late time to post about having 2 at home all day, but our summer really just started. Bethany got home from her visit to her maternal grandma's house last week and we have been having a blast. After much prayer and worry about having a hard time getting her back in the groove, the Lord has blessed me with a very happy and well behaved 6 year old! I can tell that it is hard for her to remember the rules, and at times she almost slips up but she has been trying so hard to be good, and follow the rules. Our house is very different, and I do run a tight ship (or try to) so I know that my high expectations are not always easy for a hyper 6 year old to meet.

BUT she has been great and we have been having so much fun! We went to the library yesterday and she read to her sister. It is so cute to watch them together. Bethany is an amazing big sis and she loves her little sister. She is so helpful, and excited. Madison loves her! Every time Bethany looks at Madi her little eyes light up and she smiles her biggest smile. We have been swimming and coloring and hanging out. It has been a really sweet time so far. I want to take Bethany to do all of the fun stuff we can before school starts, and trying to do it on a budget is the hardest part.

I do commend the Mothers with more than 2 at home, especially when they are both very little. I have several friends with the 2 under 2 combo, and that scares me! When/ if we have another I would like for Madison to be at least 3 when that one comes along. I can remember waiting very impatiently for Bethany's ability to reason to kick in....I think I would have a hard time with 2 completely irrational little ones at home, but if that is the Lord's plan...we will deal.

Anyway if anyone has any summer ideas for me please let me know!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment