Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What a visit!

I am such a lucky girl! I have the most amazing family ever. I had the amazing pleasure of having our first house guests for the last 10 days. My Mom and Nana flew in and stayed for a while. They were such an amazing help getting the house put together, helping with the girls, and helping me throw a Tupperware party. We had a blast! And we shopped until we literally dropped! I love watching my mom with the girls, she is such a fantastic grandma. And of course Nana is great with them, because she is the best Nana ever!

They flew out so Justin and I could go to our sweet friends' wedding in Ohio on the first, but Justin got sent out of town on business and didn't get back until around midnight on Friday. Since it was a 9 hour drive to Cleveland, and it was very late we decided to stay home. My mom and nana knew we needed a night away so we were told to go have a night away. We drove down to Richmond for our first night away from the girls since Madi was born. We stayed at the Hilton, we got to people watch in the hotel bar (one of our favorite things), I had to teach the bartender to make a Colorado bulldog (I am guessing they don't have the bar tending school they have in Austin with the catchy song on their commercial. "If there's a school to attend then I highly recommend you call 1800bartend!"), and we went to a very nice dinner at Maggiano's where our waiter gave us free dessert and we had a very nice bottle of Mondavi Cabernet.

On Sunday we woke up early and drove home for a Sunday at our favorite place, LifePoint church! We took Mom and Nana and they LOVED it! I was a little worried about what Nana would think, especially since they had a DJ scratching records when we walked in, and our new worship leader, Birch came running our saying get ya hands up...But she loved it! (although she was very glad she took the earplugs they offer as you walk in)

Also while they were here we painted the kitchen, redecorated the downstairs bathroom, hung wall art, picked out stuff for other rooms for 'someday', toured all around, and ate a lot of meals out! I always love having family come and stay but the day after they leave I always feel like doing NOTHING! So today I am catching up on my blog, doing laundry, and cleaning up.

Oh AND Madison turned 6 months old! She weighs 14.7 lbs and is 26 Inches long! Tall and lean! Love my little bug. She is getting close to crawling, eating everything I put on her spoon, and starting to love her toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment