Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Take Me Out!

At bible study last night I was thinking about the road I have been on thus far in life. All of the things I have done and accomplished, and by the standards of the world I have been successful. But now here I am staying at home, changing poopy diapers and running from school to piano to play dates 1500 miles from 'home'. I left my job in sales and I no longer show horses.

I grew up showing horses, and doing very well at it. I was able to travel all over the place, win competitions and prizes, and gain notoriety. I have amazing friends and an extended family who would do anything for me, and I wouldn't know any of them without my family's involvement in the cutting horse industry. I have been very blessed.

I now find myself in a season of waiting. Waiting on the Lord and the opportunity to show horses again. I think that this is my time that the Lord is giving me to work on my faith, to study His word. I want so badly to be emersed in His word and I really cannot wait to see where he will take me once I am ready. In this season of waiting I want to be diligent in my study of Him, and learn to do and say the things I should, and reach people who are far from God.

I believe that He had to take me out of sales and take me out of the show ring so that I could get out of myself and focus on Him! There is a worship song by Mercy Me and it says

Sometimes I feel disappointed
By the way I spend my time
How can I further Your kingdom
When I'm so wrapped up in mine

This lyric really speaks volumes to me. How can we show people Christ's love if we are too busy being wrapped up in ourselves? I hope that when I am ready He will pull me out of this waiting time and give us the means and opportunity to show again. I know that it is my passion for horses that is a God birthed passion and that my talent wasn't given to me by accident, so for now I will wait. I will study and learn and do my best in this season. I will be the best mommy I can be, and the best teacher of children I can be! Just my thoughts for the day. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment