Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let's try this again...

I have thought about doing a blog for a long time, and now that I am home with the baby I thought it would be a great way to share what we have been up to with our friends and family. I was surprised to find out that I had started a blog on here back in 09....definitely forgot about that one! So that made starting this thing easier, since I had already started it!

Today is a very happy day for us as Bethany is turning 6! We celebrated this weekend with a party and lots of fun. She had about 10 of her friends over to the playground by the apartment for pizza, a pinata, silly string, and bobbing for apples. I might venture to say it was the most successful birthday party to date! Since today is her actual birthday, I am taking the girls to the mall so Bethany can finally get her build a bear! She has wanted one for a couple years, and we decided that turning 6 was the perfect occasion.

Madison is doing so great, and she will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. She is starting to spend more time awake, and is really focusing on us more. Her eyes are so beautiful and captivating that when she is awake we just stare at each other....its amazing. Everyone said there is nothing like being a Mommy, and even though I have been mothering B for almost 5 years, it is different. I feel like I have become more patient with B and being home the last few weeks has given me such a sense of calm. It is so amazing to not have to rush around in the mornings and to know that I don't have to spend 12 hours at work. I am loving this stay at home thing.

This week is Bethany's spring break, so we have been doing fun things each day. Yesterday we went over to our sweet friends' house for a playdate! The Lord has given us some great new friends in Virginia, that have made our transition to the new area much easier. The Ramsey's have 3 little girls who are 2, 3, and 5 so when they get together with B it is a messy, fun, crazy time!

I am so looking forward to each day now, and cannot wait to see what cute things Madi is going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment