Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's been a while!

 

I was just watching some video from the Champions Cup at the futurity and some of the webcast and I got incredibly emotional and sad. It hit me last week that this is the first year since I was 14 that I wouldn't be going to the futurity and I got really upset. I feel like I am missing out on a huge part of my year, like I am missing the family reunion (but this is the kind of family reunion you look forward to 11 months out of the year, not the kind with flies in the potato salad and awkward family conversation). The futurity is the biggest horse show of the year, and I love going! I always have so much fun with my friends and even though we are not kids anymore it is fun to relive our crazy antics once a year. I have only shown at the futurity once, and it didn't go well (see photo above, this is in 2008 showing in the Non Pro on Pop Tart...she ran off on our next cow). It's not about the showing for me, it's about the spectating. The Open and Non Pro semi finals are in my opinion the best night to watch! I love playing high/low in the stands and shopping in the exhibit hall. I love like going to the sale (okay maybe not love going to the sale but my husband and dad love the sales so I will go for a little while with them). Some day when we are able I hope to show regularly again and maybe I’ll get another futurity horse. Anyway that is why I am sad today... but now for happy stuff!!
Madison is now 8 MONTHS OLD!!! WHAT!!! She is crawling and pulling up and very opinionated! I love that little bug so much!
Justin and I celebrated our 5 year DATE-A-VERSARY yesterday!! What is a date-a-versary? Oh I am glad you asked. It is the anniversary of our first date! I absolutely love the story of our first date because it is pretty adorable. After talking online for months (yes we met online while he was deployed to Iraq for his 2nd tour) Justin finally made it back to the states on November 29, 2006 and the next day he was headed down to San Antonio from Ft Hood to see Bethany who was about 18 months old at the time. Conveniently San Marcos is right on the way to San Antonio from Ft Hood. He stopped and took me to lunch, and the rest is history. The cutest thing was that he brought me a gift set of dvds from Iraq, and he asked if he could kiss me! Best first date ever, so we decided it would be our last first date ever! Each year on November 30 we go eat at Red Lobster because that is where the amazing lunch date occurred, and he also took me there the night he proposed. Not the fanciest place, but it is our place and we love it!

We are kicking off our student lifegroup this weekend and we are so pumped about it! Woohoo! Stay tuned for more posts on that!

Bethany is in a play for Christmas at school, she is a giraffe! Can't wait to see it!

Okay that's a good little wrap up. To all of my friends in Fort Worth, have fun for me, I am missing you!


1 comment:

  1. RYAN!! I didn't know you were a blogger! I'm SO following you now and hope you follow me! I MISS you and your AWESOMENESS!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!

    I miss the cutting horse world myself...have for a while. I'll get back into it when the time is right.

    Toodles Love!
    - Heather Schoenst Kaspar
    Http://buckupbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete