Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bridesmaid BootCamp Update!

A while back I posted about my desire to get back into shape for the weddings of my 3 super awesome friends in 2012! Bridesmaid bootcamp (which is me making myself go to the gym each day) was born. I hit the ground running (okay walking quickly, lets face it in the beginning there was no actual running!) I was in the gym 5 days a week!! I am still doing really well with it, making it to the gym most mornings. This week has been more sporadic due to car trouble and this whole sleep training thing with Madison which is a whole other blog...ps I hate sleep training, it makes me sad and I am fairly certain it could be the reason stay at home moms of young children often look discheveled. I have a good rhythm going in the gym, I know what I want to do each day. 3 days a week of cardio, 2 days of weight training, and today I tried yoga for the first time...this will be added in on a weekly basis as of now! I loved it! I am fitting into most of my clothes from when Justin and I got married. I say most because nobody told my hips we were getting smaller...so the designer jeans I have been hoarding away in my closet for 2 years that I paid way too much money for and REALLY want to wear are still in hibernation. I have 4 more lbs to lose before my first goal... the deadline for this goal is Christmas!! I know I can do it, 4 lbs is nothin!

I got a little frustrated with this whole thing a couple weeks ago and I had to be reminded of how far I have come. Not this time around...but in general. A short 5.5 years ago I weighed over 300 lbs, and I have no reason that I cannot get back to my healthiest me! If you see me grumping about going to the gym or putting it off until tomorrow remind me that I want to wear my really awesome jeans and that I have to stand next to my beautiful friends on the most important day of their lives and I don't want them to think I look like a porker! ;)

OH and in yoga today I found out I am better at balancing than I thought and I am bendy-er than I thought! woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment